Recent Posts

January 10, 2012

Take Me Back to 1947

{blue de perse- autumn/winter 1955}


Being the fashion lover that I am, Christian Dior’s “New Look” came as common sense to me.  I have known about the silhouette, the outfits and the way it overtook the world since before I can remember.  But it wasn’t until I started reading Dior’s biography that I really realized how a revolutionary change it was to fashion.  American men hated it, housewives ripped it off of young, wealthy girls and still women did whatever they could to be seen wearing it.  Inspired by pre Civil-War fashions, Dior brought back the long skirts, corseted waists, full hips and slanted shoulders in a time where less was more and you had to make do with what you had.  Here are a few outfits from his collections, circa 1947-1955, that I would wear if I lived back in that wonderful, fashion changing era.

{chachotier- spring/summer 1951}
{mystere de paris- autumn/winter 1955}
{chantecler- autumn/winter 1954}
{bar suit- new look 1947}
{rubempre suit- spring/summer 1950}
{diorama- autumn/winter 1947}

0 comments:

Post a Comment