Recent Posts

February 15, 2012

Melted Rainbow



When it comes to artwork, I would much rather make it than buy it and lately I have been on the hunt for inspiration for pieces to make for my new apartment.  My friend, Sarah, posted a picture of a piece that she made using melted crayons and I decided to give it a try.  The result was a very abstract piece that did not take too long to make and it was a lot of fun manipulating the wax with the heat to get different effects.

{supplies: multiple boxes of crayons,
 canvas, glue gun and hairdryer}

{align crayons along edge of canvas
to see how many you need to use}

{glue the crayons along the top of the canvas}

{stand canvas upright and melt
crayons with the hairdryer}

{et voila}

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I love this. I would definitely display this around my place!

Post a Comment