Recent Posts

April 08, 2013

Lemon Lemon Cupcakes

 
 
My inspirational grandmother just celebrated her 90th birthday.  There aren’t too many gifts that you can buy someone who had lived such an incredible life as she has.  Plus, I can’t really beat my Christmas present to her which was a painting I did of her and my grandfather.  So I decided that cupcakes would be a perfect gift that she could share with everyone.  I found the cake stand at a thrift shop for $3, which was a price I could not refuse.  A few days later my mother and I found cupcake wrappers that matched the stand perfectly.  I figured a lemon cupcake would capture the freshness of Spring and compliment the primary coloured flowers.  I found this recipe and decided to fill them full of lemon pastry filling.  The result was far better than I had ever imagined it to be.  The cupcakes were a hit, I even overheard someone said they were the best cupcake they had ever eaten and that they would gladly pay money for them.  Hands down the best compliment I have ever received when it comes to my baking.
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment